A pewter tankard that is engraved on the front. It has a clear glass bottom. The front has an applied metal City of Kingston crest. Under the crest, "ALDERMAN // RUSSELL E. McCULLOUGH // ELECTED TO CITY COUNCIL // 1945" is engraved. On the bottom of the cup, "B. P. Co. // Pewter 1236" is engraved.
The pewter tankard was given to Alderman McCullough upon retirement from council. McCullough represented the St. Lawrence Ward in 1945 to 1955 and again in 1957 to 1964. He was elected as Mayor in 1956.