Window Width: 120 cm Height: 290 cm approximately; Plaque Width: 35 cm Height: 8 cm
A stained glass window entitled "Mons Nov. 11, 1928" depicting the winged Angel of Peace sewing seeds for renewal. The Kingston crest is in the top curve of the window. A plaque below "The Gift of W.F. Nickle"
The stained glass window was designed and installed by Robert McCausland in 1920 - 1921, Canada's longest active stained glass firm. Brass plates beneath the window name the donor.
This window is by Bernard Partridge and from "Punch".
To the "Princess Pats", the first Canadians Regiment to enter the war came the honour of being the first of the Allied troops victoriously to re-enter Mons, the historic city where in 1914 the gallant British "Old Contemptibles" has first fought so desperately. The City was completely occupied by the Canadians by two o'clock on the morning of November 11th, three hours before the signing of the Armistice, a new record being established by breaking the German's strongest defenses, and reaching the furthest point of the Allies' great advance.